Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Newest Great-Grandchild

Announcing the birth of Oliver Tristan Fisher! He was born at 5:42 a.m. on June 23rd and weighed in at 8 lbs. 11.2 ounces. After being in labor for over 26 hours, (Oh, the epidural did wonders! I even called and talked on the phone to Grandma Krumwiede during very active labor.) he was finally delivered via c-section. Since his head was pretty pointy he would not descend correctly because he kept turning his head and getting stuck. I pushed in ever position imaginable (to try to get him to come out straight) for over 3 hours with no luck. I was so tired by the end and was actually falling asleep between contractions. During the c-section I was having a bit of pain, so they turned up the epidural thus knocking me out, so my memory of the actual birth is very vague. After 5 days in the hospital we were very happy to be home. Joel went back to work on Monday and Oliver and I have been having a great time together. He is awake for several hours each day, and sleeps really well at night. (I have to wake him up to feed him!) I have yet to hear him fuss if there isn't a reason for it. Since I am recovering for surgery I feel very blessed to have such a peaceful baby. My incision starts to hurt if I've been carrying him around too much, but other then that I am in no pain. Overall my recovery is coming along better then I expected. Usually I feel like I am able to do lots, but I know if I push it too much it will take longer to heal. We picked the name Oliver because of Psalm 128:3, and Tristan is Joel's middle name and it means "bold".

Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
you sons will be like olive shoots
around your table.
Psalm 128:3





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful!

Jacob, Sandy, & Amanda :)