Thursday, May 1, 2008

My First Post Is To Say "Happy Birthday"

Well, on this auspicious occasion of my first post to the Krumwiede family blog, I would like to say Happy Birthday to my dear sister Wendy. I hope you do something fun today! For those of you whose minds don't take you there, this is also the birthday of Grandma Behrens. I think she would be about 110 by now. She was a great grandma, wasn't she? How nice of mother to have a child on her mother's birthday. This is also May Day. Did any of you put flowers in a cone on your neighbor's doorstep? I recently found directions for how to wind a May Day pole. I wish we were together because I would make you all do it. It requires 20 participants. I only need to add a husband for Alice and four more grandchildren before I can force my family to do it. Anyway, thank you Wendy for you help to post.

"Happy Birthday to you....Happy Birthday to you.....Happy Birthday dear Wendy....Happy Birthday to you."

Tammy

3 comments:

A Member said...

Tammy, thanks for the birthday greeting! I'm glad you were able to figure out how to post, although I'm told it was a breech of security to have posted the passwords. Who knew?

By the way, I always liked sharing a birthday with my grandma and she was a great grandma! Did anyone besides me eat ice cream for breakfast at her house? With Hershey Syrup along with Welcome Sausage on home made bread. Yum! Of course you had to drink a glass of orange juice first so you didn't get cancer. I remember her saying that she felt so bad about all the people dying of cancer. "If they only knew that if they just drank a glass of orange juice everyday, they would never get cancer." Actually Grandma wasn't so far off. We now know that our diet has a lot to do with our susceptibility to disease. Thanks for nudge down memory lane. I think reminiscing may be a sign of old age.); -Wendy

Anonymous said...

I think I will go have a glass of orange juice before I go to bed! -Tammy

Anonymous said...

Well my 8 year old neighbor has made a may basket at school the last 2 years and both times she has given it to me. this year there were a couple of her moms homeade caramels in it. I told her it was so speacial to me because my gramma's birthday and my sister's birthday is may 1st and my gramma would talk about may baskets. Also Lynette Beck called me to remind me it is her birthday on May 1st. I did try to call her but she didn't answer. Alison