Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June







Since I was so domestic today, I thought I'd show you what I did so that you can all be impressed. My neighbor told me about an Amish produce stand about 15 miles away, where they sold strawberries for a good price. I left at 8:00, went to Wal-Mart for jars, sugar, and Sure-Jell and then headed out into the middle of nowhere. The place was FABULOUS! The little Amish boys were playing on the porch, the older girls were in the fields picking, and the oldest in the family were running the stand. I bought a bunch of vegetables, too. I was home by 9:30, and proceeded to spend approximately 6 1/2 hours in the kitchen. Personally, if I had known how long it would take ONE person to can (I'm not used to being the only one in the kitchen when it comes to canning), I might not have been quite so ambitious. As it was, I canned 13 jars of jam, and froze a bunch more berries. By the time I was finished, it was time to make dinner. We had stir-fry tonight with a bunch of the vegetables I bought (which they had picked THIS morning!) Now, I am RESTING for awhile. Thank you all for being impressed. :-) Oh, I'm also adding a picture of the gorgeous view from the strawberry social that we went to with Todd's family when we were up visiting them for the weekend. It's one of my new favorite pictures.

No comments: